Google prescribed the official recipe to avoid being banned from AdSense. The shortened version of the ten commandments is shown below.
- Don’t click on your own Google ads. Use the AdSense preview tool.
- Don’t ask others to click on Google ads. Don’t tell your friends and family you’re making a living with a website. Their good intention may turn out to be fatal.
- Don’t employ pop-up prompts or automatic software installations.
- Be aware of how your site is promoted.
- Don’t place Google ads on sites that contain prohibited content.
- Respect Google trademarks.
- Don’t tamper with the AdSense code.
- Provide a positive user experience.
- Provide a good environment for advertisers.
- Be responsive to AdSense team email.
AdSense Arbitragers need to pay particular attention to No 4 and 8. No. 4 is “Be aware of how your site is promoted. ” Naturally, arbitragers have to purchase traffic from somewhere. Google prohibits pages showing AdSense ads be loaded in an unrequested pop-up. Advertising with a low cost advertiser may turn out to be very expensive.
No. 8 talks about creating a positive user experience. The common practice of “cookie preloading” in affiliate marketing, i.e. loading a product page in a 1 pixel frame, would be considered a deception to users. Unfortunately cookie preloading is so AdSense bot friendly. You’ll be caught easily.